Pages

Friday 18 September 2020

Poetry Response

Poetry Response

In literacy, we have been working on a poem named "My Shadow" by Robert Louis Stevenson. Here is my learning about the poem. 

When I read the title, I didn’t make any connections with the title.

The poem is organized with four stanzas and each stanza has four lines. The structure of the poem is A, A, B, B and it continues the same for each stanza.

The tone of the poem and pretty entertaining and while I was reading the poem, I just wanted to keep reading because I thought that the poem was very engaging.

There are also poetic devices in the poem like, personification and simile. That's all that I can find.

To me, the meaning of the poem is where this boy explains about his very own shadow. I think that the boy enjoys having a shadow and there's a lot to tell about it.

My Shadow by Robert Louis Stevenson | Kids poems, Funny poems, Poetry for  kids

1 comment:

  1. Bula Acasia Addison here. This blog post is awesome but next time you could explain a little bit more about the work we had to do but..You did awesome keep up the good work with your learning and with your blog posts bye bye.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.